- Team Managers (two one male, one female)
- Assistant Team Managers (two one male, one female)
Term: January 2023 – July 15, 2023
This is a volunteer position.
Karate Alberta is looking for two Team Managers and Two Assistant Team Managers.
Team Managers will ensure Requirements are completed, Assistant Managers will assist with the goal of Mentoring under the Team Managers,
While many of the duties listed below are specific to Team AB events the position will be supported by the Executive Director, the KA Treasurer & Bookkeeper, the Team Technical Director and the KA Coaching Committee.
All approved expenses for events will be covered by KA
The applicant and candidate must agree to complete a successful police check with a vulnerable sector search (VSC); sign a KA confidentiality agreement; complete both the NCCP Safe Sport online training as well as the Respect In Sport for Activity Leaders online course; and must also be able to show proof of vaccination as required for either Travel rule compliance or Karate Canada attendance requirements.
- Review, follow, and finalize team budget and actuals;
- Complete and submit documentation for AGLC use of funds;;
- Invoicing for athletes through Martial Member;
- Order athlete Team wear/Team equipment;
- Collection and completion of all forms from coaches and athletes;
- Registration table and presence at each team training session
- Gather/compile all athlete details; including event kata or kumite, age at Nationals and weight;
- For 2022 Nationals:
- Register athletes, coaches, and officials as required;
- data management;
- Ensure all application forms and waivers are completed and payments are made;
- Ensure photos for athlete, coach, and official accreditations are submitted;
- Complete and distribute the KA President letters for school /employment leave;
- Book hotel accommodations for team members, coaches, officials*, and designated board members;
- Document rooming allocations/arrangements;
- Communicate to athletes/parents clear expectations as to behavior;
- Communicate to athletes/parents clear expectations as to when athletes are required to be at their destination;
- Provide onsite supervision
- Arrange for ground transportation as required;
- Arrange for Team meals as required;
- Reserve banquet tickets.
- Provide onsite supervision at Nationals
- Organize/maintain athlete cooler and first aid kit
- Assist Technical Director as required
- Team Managers
- Expenses related to KC Nationals, Flight, Hotel, Food
- Assistant Team Managers
- Dependent on budget – TBD
- Feb 12, 2023 Team Prospects
- Mar 19, 2023 Team Prospects
- Apr 30, 2023 KA Tournament
- Jun 4, 2023 Team Training
- Jun 25, 2023 Team Training
- July 4-11: KC Nationals QB
Please contact the Executive Director if interested (Executive.Director@KarateAB.org).
Applications will be accepted up until January 9th, 2023
Please send cover letter/expression of interest along with pertinent background or
resume information that could be used to demonstrate relevant experience