Team Manager position (male)
24 April: Selection Tournament
15 May & 25 June: Team Trainings
28 June to 04 July: KC Nationals in Newfoundland
This is a volunteer position.
Karate Alberta is looking for a Team Manager – specifically a male candidate to balance gender numbers on the KA team.
While many of the duties listed below are specific to Team AB events the position will be
supported by the Executive Director, the KA Treasurer & Bookkeeper, the Team Technical Director and the KA Coaching Committee.
All approved expenses for events will be covered by KA
The applicant and candidate must agree to complete a successful police check with a
vulnerable sector search (VSC); sign a KA confidentiality agreement; complete both the NCCP
Safe Sport online training as well as the Respect In Sport for Activity Leaders online course;
and must also be able to show proof of vaccination as required for either Travel rule
compliance or Karate Canada attendance requirements.
- Review, follow, and finalize team budget and actuals;
- Complete and submit documentation for AGLC use of funds;;
- Invoicing for athletes;
- Collect training fees and forward to Karate Alberta Treasurer;
- Distribute receipts from Treasurer;
- Order athlete Team wear/Team equipment;
- Collection and completion of all forms from coaches and athletes;
- Registration table and presence at each team training, camp, PQ tournament and clinic – document athlete attendance;2
- Gather/compile all athlete details; including event kata or kumite, age at Nationals and weight;
- For 2022 Nationals:
- Register athletes, coaches, and officials as required;
- Sportdata data management;
- Ensure all application forms and waivers are completed and payments are made;
- Ensure photos for athlete, coach, and official accreditations are submitted;
- Complete and distribute the KA President letters for school /employment leave;
- Book hotel accommodations for team members, coaches, officials, and designated board members;
- Document rooming allocations/arrangements;
- Communicate to athletes/parents clear expectations as to behavior;
- Communicate to athletes/parents clear expectations as to when athletes are required to be at their destination;
- provide onsite supervision
- Arrange for ground transportation as required;
- Arrange for Team meals as required;
- Reserve banquet tickets.
- Provide onsite supervision at Nationals
- Organize/maintain athlete cooler and first aid kit
- Assist Technical Director as required
- Expenses will be covered for Karate Canada nationals June 28 – Jul 4, 2022
- 24 April: Selection Tournament
- 15 May & 25 June: Team Trainings
- 28 June – 04 July: KC Nationals NL
Please contact the Executive Director if interested (Executive.Director@KarateAB.org).
Applications will be accepted up until April 8th or until a suitable candidate is found.
Please send cover letter/expression of interest along with pertinent background or
resume information that could be used to demonstrate relevant experience