Fair Play Statement
Integrity, fairness and respect are the principles of fair play. With them, the spirit of competition
thrives, fueled by honest rivalry, courteous relations and graceful acceptance of the results. Fair play teaches that sport is an ethical pursuit, one that builds character and shapes attitudes.
Karate Alberta endorses the principles of fair play. All athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers and staff are encouraged to adhere to the principles to provide an enjoyable and fair sporting experience. Fair play aims should be to:
- help athletes develop a positive self-image;
- promote respect for the rules, officials and their decisions, and opponents
- encourage a constructive attitude toward competition
- develop a sense of dignity under all circumstances
- provide an equal opportunity for all to learn skills
- encourage these individuals to continue their participation in sport
Individuals who violate the principles of fair play may be faced with disciplinary action through the appropriate Karate Alberta policies.
|Member Conduct Discipline Dispute Appeal Policy||Download|
|Workplace Bullying and Harassment Policy||Download|
Safe Sport Training
Coach & Athlete Training