Karate Alberta Senior Provincial Team 2021
The KC Senior National Tournament this fall will provide athletes an opportunity to represent their province nationally and an opportunity to earn ranking points for the Karate Canada Senior National Team Roster for PKF Championships in Uruguay, Oct 2021 and WKF World Championships in Dubai, November 2021.
KC Senior National Tournament 2021
KC Senior National Tournament is scheduled for end of September 24-26, 2021, in Calgary.
Athlete Prospect Registration
All Age Eligible Karate Alberta Athletes* in good standing are eligible to try out for the Provincial Team. Registration is an online process [LINK].
*KC has not released the Age Matrix – for the purpose of becoming a Prospect – age for Kata and para will be 16 by Nov 16, 2021, and Kumite age 18 by Nov 16, 2021.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: AUGUST 1, 2021
- Senior Female – Kata, Team Kata, Kumite -50kgs, -55kgs, -61kgs, -68kgs, +68kgs
- Senior Male – Kata, Team Kata, Kumite -60kgs, -67kgs, -75kgs, -84kgs, +84kgs
- Senior Para-Kata – Male/Female– Wheelchair, Blind & Visually Intellectual Impaired
All athletes who meet the following criteria will be named to the KA Provincial Team to represent Alberta at the KC Senior Selections Event Team.
- Athlete must be in Good Standing with KA
- Physically fit
- Maintain training schedule outlined by Coaching Staff
- If more athletes than positions exist best of 3 bouts/rounds (kumite/kata) will be held to select athlete to represent.
- Goal is to send as many prepared athletes as possible to represent at tournament.
Athletes with KC automatic invitations must still be selected through participation in training sessions and maintenance of Team Status. Selection for event will be made 3rd week of August 2021
Maintaining Team Status
Once selected to the KA Provincial Team athletes must:
- Communicate in a timely manner to all correspondences
- Fully participate in set up and take down and cleaning of Team Training areas
- Submit fees in a timely manner
- Sign and abide by Karate Alberta Athlete Agreement
- Fulfill Volunteer requirements*
- Complete and submit forms in a timely manner
- Obtain Team wear
- Maintain high level of fitness
- Continue to prepare for tournament
- Attend Team Training Sessions
*Casino July 22 & 23, 2021 – one shift per family and one volunteer shift at KC Senior National Tournament. If an athlete or a family member/friend is unable to complete these volunteer requirements speak with Heather Fidyk for other opportunities.
- Training Session Fees – $30/session *3 sessions
- Team Wear
- Travel & Accommodations to Event – some funding will be available, since it will be held in Calgary the costs will be low – TBD
- $250 Volunteer Bond for this event
- Event registration is paid by Karate Alberta