- This event has passed.
Shitoryu Karate Alberta – Summer Camps
July 25, 2022 - July 29, 2022
Stewart Price, the instructor of Shitoryu Karate Alberta, will be hosting Summer Camps for Karate athletes in Calgary during:
- July(11-15 & 25-29)
- August(8-12 & 22-26).
These camps are open to all Karate Alberta athletes ages 13+.
Summer Camp sessions will be two-hour blocks for Kata in the A.M. and two-hour blocks for Kumite in the P.M.
Kata sessions will take athletes to the next level of their performance. Improve your katas using specialized and unique drills learned and created from training with top Pan-American and world-level coaches adapted to meet your needs. You will practice using the drills and exercises used by Antonio Diaz, Maria Dimitrova, Luca Valedsi, and many more. These summer camps will bring your Katas to new heights.
Kumite sessions will use specialized training from the top fighters and coaches to improve your kicks, throws, and timing. You will train unique drills created from training with European and Middle-eastern top coaches. Gain faster speed, reflexes, timing, and faster foot speed to defend and score against any opponent. These summer camps will bring your Kumite skills to a new level with a greater variety of skills and timing.
Sensei Stewart Price brings a unique and diverse background to these camps with his interprovincial, multisport, and multi-style experience. His experiences training with the world’s best senseis, coaches and athletes in karate and other combat sports give him a unique perspective on sport karate with many unique and advanced strategies for training champions.
Stewart’s Combat sports background includes:
- 3rd Dan Shitoryu Karate
- Multiple gold medals from competing in (Ontario, B.C., and Alberta) in Kumite, Kata, and Kobudo.
- History of coaching International, National, Provincial and Winter Games athletes to Gold medals.
- Experience training and coaching, Shitoryu, Chitoryu, Gojo, Shotokan and Wadoryu Karate.
- Combat sports experience in Tae Kwon Do, Kickboxing, Wrestling, and Judo.
- Wrestling coaching experience as a Jr. High and High School coach. Coaching athletes to Provincial medals.
- NCCP Multisport coach.
- Bachelor of Education in Kinesiology
- Former assistant strength and conditioning coach at York University.
Early Bird and Multi-family member discounts apply.
Register before May 30 for discounts.
Registration link: https://forms.gle/cCvFDZof6ppi4Nrn7