Officials Committee Officials Pathway
Officials provide the environment for a safe, unbiased, fair field of play for competitions.
The Officials Program promotes the recruitment and development of officials by providing education, practical training, evaluation, and certification to those interested in officiating in Alberta. The program provides a pathway to those officials wishing to upgrade beyond the province to national and international certifications.
The Officials Committee is responsible for implementing of the Officials Program in Alberta, including the following responsibilities:
- organizing and promoting clinics for officials at all levels of experience;
- working with the Coaching Committee to provide practical training opportunities for officials;
- training officials in the requirements of athlete safety and how officiating can influence such safety;
- providing written and practical exams for officials;
- awarding appropriate levels of certification to officials and provide certificates to certified officials;
- ensuring that all WKF rule changes are tracked and communicated to officials, clubs and members;
- liaising with Karate Canada on all matters regarding the officials’ certification program in Canada, and assignments to national events.
|Patricia Karl||Chief Officialfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Coaching Committee Coaches Pathway
The Coaching Committee is responsible for overseeing the Provincial team and the NCCP.
Karate Alberta is currently looking for 2-3 volunteers to oversee the organization and execution of two KA hosted tournaments per season.
Please contact the KA Executive Director for information.
|Doug Taylor||Tournament Technical Directoremail@example.com|
|Manuel deSa||Vice President|
|Dave Maffitt||Membership Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|